Etsy

09/01/2024

Beads inspired by c.1914 arts and crafts fabric

Voysey fabric inspired bead....

My third attempt at taking inspiration from the fabulous V&A Spectrum book.  

The print I have chosen today is from the Arts and Crafts movement, one of the Cumberland prints by Voysey. This particular furnishing fabric print has a lot of soft muted tones but the closest glass colours in my stash proved a bit more vibrant. 

This process is helping me to pin down what kind of beads I want to make as although this is a cohesive set I feel there are too many styles and base colours within it. I think that a sticking to only 1 or 2 base colours will create sets that are more pleasing to my eyes. 





Texture tools available at jolenebeads.com

Lampwork beads available at jolenebeadsjewellery.etsy.com

and also in my facebook group here www.facebook.com/groups/joleneBeads



No comments:

Post a Comment