Etsy

07/01/2024

16th Century textile wall hanging inspired beads....


Heritage Beadspiration...

I bought a wonderful just before Christmas last year while on a trip to the V&A. It's called Spectrum - Heritage patterns and colours. It is full of interesting textiles and prints and a breakdown of their main colour components.

I took it in to the studio with me this morning for inspiration and used this image to pick out glass colours that I never would have chosen to go together all by myself. This pattern is from a 16th century textile with a Tudor rose motif. 

As you can see my colour choices are close but not exact. There are only a couple of hundred shades of glass in the studio as the moment which may sound like a lot of choice. It's seriously not though when it comes to beginning a bead project in this way of trying to colour match from source material. Plus mixing glass to make new shades like you can with paint is not an easy thing to do at all. 

I am pretty happy with the results and have already picked out another pattern form the book for inspiration for tomorrow's studio sesh.

Jolene x








Texture tools available at jolenebeads.com

Lampwork beads available at jolenebeadsjewellery.etsy.com

and also in my facebook group here www.facebook.com/groups/joleneBeads

 

No comments:

Post a Comment