Etsy

14/10/2012

Colour Study - Pink Tipped Chrysanthemum

The third in my series of colour studies for October is this pink tipped Chrysanthemum. I took the image last week walking back form preschool on a rainy morning.

I'm going to use a free program called Chip It which is a free app that samples any image and picks out a colour palette using over Sherwin-Williams paint colours. The final challenge for me is to try draw out a representative colour palette using CoE 104 Glass.....


The glass I have chosen for this palette from left to right is
  1. Lauscha Creme Brulee
  2. CiM Olive
  3. Lauscha Pink Opaque
  4. Effetre Handpulled Rubino Ora (old batch)
  5. Reichenbach Soft Violet
I think it would have been nigh impossible to put this selection together without the inclusion of the gorgeous Handpulled Rubino Ora. There are so few of these deep rich fuchsia/magenta shades of glass available to buy in CoE 104 glass and my whole selection is two shades lighter across the board than I would have liked to be able to create but I think the relationships between the glass rods is similar to the Chip It palette for this image. 

Jolene x
Frit N Chips lampwork supplies Kitzbitz Art Beads Buzzword Bracelet Beads

No comments:

Post a Comment