Etsy

13/02/2013

Mini Mo' February 13 - Rainbows and Ladybugs

Both of my glasswork collections this month are inspired by a longing for spring. I have made delicate petal canes in vibrant colours for my Rainbow colourway. This collection uses Lauscha Yellow Transparent SNT 142, CiM Maraschino, Effetre Grasshopper Green. I've also teamed up some totally sweet rainbow murrini with pretty limited edition Blue patchwork shards.
I made this earthy spring focal with CiM Canyon de Chelly laced with fine silver leaf and I've swiped on petals and leaves with Grasshopper vine cane and Cheery Yellow petal cane. The flower puffs are made with dots of petal cane.


This classy focal uses Cherry Red petal cane over a hand shaped pressed bi-cone made with CiM Gooseberry glass.
This last set is the largest single string of beads that I have ever made. The core of many of these beads is CiM Slytherin, five have been decorated with petal canes and encased with 006 clear.
My second collection for Feb includes delicate canes made with Effetre Rubino Ora, Effetre Blue Purple and CiM Sherwood. I've used Reichenbach Bright Red to make the adorable profile ladybug murrini and also made a limited edition batch striated green patchwork shards.
First up I want to show you a huge chunky necklace focal with a Ladybug murrini inside under deep encasing layer of clear glass. The ladybug is surrounded by CiM Marachino petals over a core of Effetre Grass Green.
Next up is a pretty floral focal made with a thick core of CiM Slytherin. I've decorated that with Sherwood vine cane with a later of pretty flowers encased in clear and a touch of 13 carat gold leaf for good measure.
My final set of beads for this Mini Mo' gallery is called Lily Blue. I have used Blue Purple petal cane to swipe on these lovely sculptural flowers and finished with Sherwood leaves.

Jolene x

Frit N Chips lampwork supplies Kitzbitz Art Beads and Buzzword Bracelet Beads

No comments:

Post a Comment