Etsy

24/05/2013

Mini Mo' May 2013 - Violet and Lilypad

My first Mini Mo' for May is simply called Violet. I've used Effetre Lavender 427, Effetre Light Violet 041, Dark Silver Plum in the form of shards and Goldstone chunks to make some handmade Goldstone stringers.
This first focal used some of the ribbon twistie from the violet collection over Effetre Light Violet 041 and under Effetre 006 clear. I've finished it with some sculptural floral decoration.
As I'd not made encased tree beads for a little while now I thought it would be great fun to have a try at making a new shape, an elegant rounded bicone. The result was this Magic Faraway Tree bead with boughs and branches laid down with Goldstone stringer.
The last Violet Mini Mo' beads I would like to show today are these sculptural floral rounds made with Effetre Alexandrite as a base and petals swiped on with some of the Violet twistie cane.
I chose subtle soft greens teamed up with touch of rich red brown for my second collection, Lilypad. This collection was made with CiM Commando, CiM Dirty Martini, Effetre Red Copper Green to make shards and rich Vetrofond Red Purple.

I've also written a little inspration filled tutorial for Mini Mo' Club using starburst murrini called One Murrini, Seven Ways.
The first bead I have to show you today is this beautiful big two tone bicone with Red copper green shards wrapped around it's middle and finished the design with raised ferns and petals.
This fab teardrop shaped bead has large leaves swiped on with Lilypad ribbon cane and vines made with the pretty two tone cane in this collection.
I've used the ribbon cane again to make this amber vines encrusted bicone focal. The base is Effetre medium Topaz wrapped with a long spiral of ribbon cane. I then encase the lot with Effetre 006 clear and decorative vines and leaves.

It is now possible to join the Mini Mo' Club via Etsy for 3, 6, 9 or 12 month long subscriptions. Please check out my shop link for more info.
Frit N Chips lampwork supplies.

Have a lovely week, Jolene x

No comments:

Post a Comment