Etsy

08/11/2009

Mini Mo' Colour Club - Rose kissed November

I run a lampwork glass colour club for 12 ladies and each month I send out the little glasswork packages of twistie, shards and murrini that I call Mini Mo's (Mini Mojo's). There are two strands of the Mini Mo Club, Amethyst and Beryl and so I make two colour sets each month one for each strand.

I love putting these collections together each month; picking my colour inspiration from all sorts of places...this month is a little different, because this month I have fallen in love with Roses. I have been putting together an encased rose murrini tutorial for the Mini Mo' Colour Club, you can find it here.

Heligan Garden - Amethyst Strand



Here are my test beads for Heligan







The base glass is CiM Mojito and the frit is Chalcedony from Gaffer.

Sleeping Beauty - Beryl Strand



Here is one of my test beads for Sleeping Beauty





I have been desperate to try out my new flat lap grinder and so made a freeform encased bead to look like a geode to see what these cobalt blue rose murrini look like under encasement.

Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment